Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Avant Phrases

 

I needed some cheerful Get Well cards.... so when I saw Chris Slogar's cards on Pinterest, I just knew I could create something similar with it.  Thanks so much Chris for giving me the inspiration to sponge daub a darker color on the flowers to get a two-tone effect. Thanks for your inspiration too!

Now, with each flower, I inked the stamp in the lighter color. ie: Peekaboo Peach, Powder Pink, Daffodil Delight and Perfect Plum. I then took a sponge dauber (used a separate dauber for each color), and inked them in Pumpkin Pie, Flirty Flamingo, Crushed Curry and Fresh Fig... then sponged it in the center of the flowers before stamping the image on the paper. I added the stamens in Basic Black and the stems and leaves in Pear Pizzazz.

Each has coordinating DSP and ribbons to make each stand out and be a bit different from the others.

Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies Used:
Stamp Sets - Avant Garden, Flourishing Phrases
Ink - Peekaboo Peach, Powder Pink, Daffodil Delight, Perfect Plum,Pumpkin Pie, Flirty Flamingo, Crushed Curry, Fresh Fig, Pear Pizzazz, Memento
Paper - Fresh Fig, Peekaboo Peach, Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight DSP, Peekaboo Peach DSP, Perfect Plum DSP, Flirty Flamingo DSP
Accessories - Dimensionals, Peekaboo Peach Ruched Ribbon, Flirty Flamingo Ruched Ribbon, Daffodil Delight Stitched Ribbon, Fresh Fig Finely Woven Ribbon

2 comments:

  1. Your cards are absolutely beautiful and each stand out on their own, wonderfully! They are certainly cheery! Thanks for sharing your sponging tips, too! Beautiful! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! I know I would want a cheerful get well card if I ever got hurt/sick/had surgery.=)

      Delete