Saturday, November 25, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017


Here is my card that I made for Thanksgiving this year for family and friends! I cannot take credit for this lovely layout, as I saw a similar card on Pinterest by Lisa Flemming. I changed my card a little to make it my own with different colors for the wreath and using the "Wood Textures" DSP (Designer Series Paper). Here is Lisa's card for comparison:


Thanks Lisa for your inspiration! 
For the wreath, I inked the full leaf stamp with Daffodil Delight, then stamped the partial leaves in Pumpkin Pie. I die cut the wreath using the 'Wonderful Wreath' framelits. I then used Cherry Cobbler on the flower stamp and die-cut those out as well.

For the Fence, I cut 1/2" strips (and 1/4" strips) of the 6x6 'Wood Textures' DSP. Then assembled them together to make a fence (just eyeballing the space in between each slat). I shortened the pieces to fit on the front of the card with space at the top for my sentiment.
It was time consuming to assemble, as I had 18 to complete, but well worth the effort!

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!

Supplies Used:
Stamp Sets - Wondrous Wreath, Good Greetings
Ink - Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobbler
Paper - Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Wood Textures DSP
Accessories - Big Shot, Wonderful Wreath Framelits, dimensionals, scissors, 

2 comments:

  1. This card is gorgeous and I felt wrapped in love to receive it! I love your color choices and everything about your card; beautifully done, Diane! Thanks so much, and for sharing online, too! Happy Fall! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your wonderful words, my friend! Happy Thanksgiving to you! Love and hugs!

      Delete